Conditional reduction of currency
Climate, average max and min t°
extremely diverse; from tropical in the south to subarctic in the north; in the north and northwest avg. winter t (January) is -25°С; avg. summer t (July) is +22°С; in the central part avg. summer temperature (July) is +20°; avg. winter temperature (January) is -5°; in the south avg. summer temperature (July) is +28°; avg. winter temperature (January) is +18°
Time difference from Moscow
+ 5 hours
92% are ethnic Chinese, the rest 8% are 55 ethnic groups among which the most populous are Zhuang, Hui, Uigur, Yi, Miao, Tibetans, Mongols, etc.
China is one of the most ancient civilizations in the world which has a 5-thousand year history. Throughout centuries the power in China transferred from one dynasty to another, moreover, sometimes China became a part of a foreign state (e.g. Yuan and Qing dynasty). The territory of China was invaded on a regular basis, however, most of the invaders were Sinicized eventually and assimilated into Chinese ethnos, and the territories became Chinese. The period of the Tang and Song Dynasties in the 7th – 14th centuries is called the Golden Age of China due to the majority of scientific discoveries and cultural achievements. The last dynasty was Qing, which was overthrown by the revolution of 1911. The result of the revolution was establishment of the Republic of China in 1912 led by Sun Yatsen, the leader of the Chinese Nationalist Party “Guomindang” who was promulgated the President. In 1928 Guomindang under the command of Chiang Kai-shek managed to unite the country. A lot of efforts to build Chinese state were made during 1937-1945 Sino-Japanese War. Increased disruption between Guomindang and Communist Party of China made the unification impossible and caused the next round of civil war in China. The war ended in splitting of China into two parts: the People’s Republic of China and the Republic of China (Taiwan). In the meantime, most countries do not recognize Taiwan as a sovereign state and tend to support China’s position that Taiwan is one of the provinces of PRC.
Head of government: Premier; Government: State Council, formed by the National People’s Congress
National People’s Congres (unicameral body, 2.987 members), elected for 5 years
Supreme People’s Court, local people’s courts, special people’s courts
GDP per capita rank
Corruption perceptions index rank